It’s so early…and yet, I look so cute.
You need to start Nurse Jackie
idk. The only thing that ever interested me about that show was Meritt Wever’s Emmy speech.
You need to start Sons of Anarchy!
I feel like everywhere I go, someone is talking about that show, but I have zero zero interest.
Who are five female characters who you consider great role models? Have these characters taught you anything?
- Hermione Granger. As a 6-year-old with frizzy hair and large front teeth, she taught me that the fact that I always raised my hand first in class was totally okay.
- Roseanne is a super important character/tv show in pop culture history. I now realize that watching that show as I was growing up gave me a real feminist education.
- Buffy Summers. I can’t even begin to list all of the things that I learned from that show/character. That show shaped so much of who I was from puberty on.
- The Gilmore Girls. Both of them.
- Claire Huxtable. Again, another super important character for me to watch while I was growing up.
What do you think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
We don’t have enough time to talk about what I really think of Buffy,
Buffy is probably my all-time favorite TV show. I have every season on DVD and the cases are literally all falling apart because I would watch multiple episodes a day when I was like 12-17 years old.
It is certainly the most important television show to me personally.
Have you ever watched Veronica Mars?
I started watching Veronica Mars 10 years ago today.
Can you reccomend some TV shows?
- it’s my goal in life to make everyone watch and fall in love with Friday Night Lights
- Parenthood is about to come back for its final season and all of the previous seasons are streaming on Netflix, so I would recommend catching up before the finale. And stock up on tissues.
- Faking It was such a pleasant surprise. There were only 8 episodes last season and the new season starts tomorrow and I’m really excited about it.
- The West Wing is streaming on Netflix and you were probably too young to catch it the first time it aired, so you should watch it now.
- Pushing Daisies is a show that I don’t think gets a whole lot of attention on this site, but it really should. idk if it’s streaming anywhere.
- And The Good Wife is of course the best show that you’re not watching, but your grandma probably is.
you guys can keep the tv questions coming